Link building is pretty much an arduous task more so, it is also quite time-consuming. But if done right, you will definitely reap the harvest of your hard work. This is why for some people, it can be a real struggle to perform link building effectively no matter what form of strategy they have devised.
What is Link Building?
In simpler terms, link building is a process of obtaining backlinks from other websites to improve search traffic. As for business owners, if you want your e-commerce site to rank, you need to have many links pointing back to your website.
This is a practice of promoting your website to other website owners with the goal of securing a hyperlink on their linking to your page.
Types of Link Building
Generally speaking, there are two types of Link Building:
- Internal Backlink – this is a link to your from another page within the same website. To be more specific, this is a link to your web page from your other web page.
- External Backlink – this is a link to your web page from a page of another website. A page from another website links to your web page.
Why Do You Need Link Building
- Search engines like Google use links as their core ranking factor. In terms of ranking, the websites you see online are based on over “200 ranking signals”.
- Note that the more traffic on your website, the more chances of leads. This means that you attract more possible consumers on your website.
- Link building raise brand awareness.
- Enhanced brand awareness also means that you are building consumer trust and authority.
Link building is one of the most important areas in terms of SEO. While some say that link building is already dead. Truth is, it is one of the most effective ways of imposing the authority of your website and position your keywords. Link Building includes:
- Guest posting
- A lot of communication and networking